Sunday, September 26, 2004

Things I got from Vancouver

My dad brought me 2 CD's . Black Celebration (Depeche Mode) and 40 Greatest Hits (Hank Willams Sr.). I KNOW that to ask for a Hank Willams CD is strange (more if you call yourself Pop Producer) but I like pop history and when you look for the roots of the music you like you have to study 50's rock and roll and you can't understand 50's rock and roll without understanding 40's and 50's country (& western) music. And the guy was the best country songwriter for that era. And, let me tell you, I liked what I've heard. I DON'T LIKE country music and I will never will, but a couple of songs here and there are good.

I already had the vinyl LP version of Black Celebration but I asked for the CD anyway.

My brother sent me his DVD's containing the 1st season of Futurama. I loved that. I also received The Simpsons 1st Season in DVD but I liked Futurama more. Maybe because I've seen the Simpsons episodes thousands of times (and these are not the best ones, the one where Homer gives Marge a bowling ball for her birthday, the one where Bart goes to France, the one where Bart is mistaken for a genius, etc).

I also got a couple of Mad Magazines and three Keyboard Magazines. My dad brought a digital video camara he bought for my sister's wedding and he lent it to me so I'm filming like crazy. It's a cool device.

5 comments:

shara said...

Oh the bowling ball one is absolutely lovely. That show can just crack me up sometimes. Do you know Matt Groening's older stuff, the Life in Hell cartoons with Binky? Those are hilarious.

Pop Producer said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Pop Producer said...

Life in Hell was published in a magazine in Vancouver while I spent some time there (I think it was the Georgia Straight). Great stuff, very absurd humor.

Pop Producer said...

cuando tomas se te afloja el calzón no sé por qué mierda te agstas en escribir una boludez por el estilo... ¿por qué en lugar de joderme no vas a colgarte un poco de ese tren horrendo que va al oeste y me dejás de joder un poco? Vos y tu prima se pueden ir las dos al carajo

Pop Producer said...

* The idea that you have to like a musical style or dislike it completely it's ridiculous. Every style of music (or any other art) have produced masterpieces and horrific things. I like some good country songs and that's no one's bussiness.

* Sorry for the grammar mistakes I'll check them. I try to write in Enslish as fast as I would speak. Usually people from English speaking countries have more errors because they don't check grammar as we do, so I don't bother that much.

* I have to talk about my father if I only see him 10 days a year and these things were written during those days.

* Si querés comentar cosas bienvenida pero si mi blog te parece aburrido y te caigo mal te agradecería que lo pasaras de largo que hay blogs para todo el mundo.