Saturday, September 18, 2004

Finished mixing a song without bass

Just finished mixing a song. I tried several arrangements for the bass but couldn't find a good one and the song worked without the bass anyway so I left the bass away. It's HARD to mix an uptempo/ almost dance song without a bass, I'm not used to. I spent the whole afternoon.

In a few days I'll meet a great bass player and I hope he gets an idea for the bass line. There are n0 vocals though so when the vocalist is finished I'll have to mix everything again (it sounds like an strange way of working but I have to play the song for the singer who doen't know the song so I want to sound it close to the final version because he'll have to sing on top of that).

I'll go jogging now.

2 comments:

The One said...

Your posts are a lot more interesting when they're written in English. Not saying you should stick to English, just giving you some feedback from a native English-speaker's perspective. http://paulsantos.blogspot.com

Pop Producer said...

Thanks for your feedback... BTW, can you read Spanish? (MAybe THAT'S WHY you find the English ones interesting)