Thursday, May 19, 2005
3 live albums for Gary Numan out on Beggars Banquet
On the 4th July 2005, all three of Gary Numan's "Living Ornaments" live albums will be released by Beggars Banquet. "Living Ornaments 79" and "Living Ornaments 81" had previously only been available via mail order and specialist sources. On this date, they will all be available in the shops. The two live albums were originally released in 1981 as a box set which charted in the UK at no.2. In the late 1990's the multi-track tapes to the 1979 show were located and remixed to expand the original 10 track vinyl to a double CD of the full concert. Similarly, one of the complete Wembley 'farewell' shows from 1981 was also released as a double CD. Although fans have always demanded a complete show from the 'Teletour' of 1980, the multi-tracks for the 1980 show have never been located and the show never got reissued in its entirety. Recently a recording of a complete 'Teletour' show (a live reference mix made by the sound crew) became available which, with some sonic tweaking, is of release quality. "Living Ornaments '80" is now a double CD featuring the original 10 tracks from the vinyl release (newly remastered from the mixing tapes) plus this complete show, a total of 29 tracks.
Tuesday, May 17, 2005
I can't decide if they liked it or not... :(
GENERAL OPINION: Disco. Well I think Bjorn and Benny might sue you after this version.
Peter Å, 11 maj 2005
Friday, May 06, 2005
That CD features a song by Plastic Orgasm People, my former band...
Thursday, May 05, 2005
Dear Mystic, Amen to that! Christ was NOT a dirty Capricorn. He was a Cancer.
Lol, I have no evidence to back that up really, just a vibe I get. Actually, come to think of it, there is evidence.... A lot of evidence...
Jesus talked about family and children a hell of a lot... His message was one of love ("Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends." and "My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you.") peace ("blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called God's children"), and compassion for fellow man, never letting people go hungry and even performing miracles to feed them!! (�I have compassion for these people; they have already been with me three days and have nothing to eat. I do not want to send them away hungry, or they may collapse on the way.�).
He was not quick to anger, but when he did he upturned an entire market place! (Jesus entered the temple area and drove out all who were buying and selling there. He overturned the tables of the money changers and the benches of those selling doves.)
But most of all, he had that sly crablike shifty way about him when he wanted to dodge questions he didn't like: ("Are you the King of the Jews?" "It is you who say I am"; -and how's this next one for a cancer-guilt-trip? - " �I tell you the truth, one of you will betray me�one who is eating with me.� They were saddened, and one by one they said to him, �Surely not I?� �It is one of the Twelve,� he replied, �one who dips bread into the bowl with me.") He was not afraid to show emotion to his friends, but was stoic in public, and cried tears of blood when alone (That's some power-crying if ever I saw it!)
I think we will agree that Cancerians are incredibly opinionated and can even be a little close-minded. Jesus (and I'm speaking as a practicing Catholic here) was so close-minded he said the only way to get to heaven was via him! And who but a Cancer could get away with saying something like that to the point of founding a major religion?! And finally, the selfless martyrdom of the all put upon Cancer, can TOTALLY be seen in the crucifixion can it not? Rather than just die, oh no, he had to die FOR THE SINS OF EVERYONE BUT HIMSELF!
Yikes! Lol, anyway, he had none of the traditional Cap stats and the Church even admits that he probably wasn't born in December or January. What more evidence do we need really? But Amen to the not a Cap thing. Definitely not a Cap. *Walks away mumbling incomprehensibly about how Jesus was not dirty enough to be a Capricorn* God bless,
~JeanMarie (the non-dodgy Gemini who is totally biased towards Cancers and against Capricorns)
Monday, May 02, 2005
Sunday, May 01, 2005
- A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going somewhere.
- A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
- A clown is like aspirin, only he works twice as fast.
- A hospital bed is a parked taxi with the meter running.
- A man's only as old as the woman he feels.
- A moose is an animal with horns on the front of it's head and a hunting lodge wall on the back of it.
- A woman is an occasional pleasure but a cigar is always a smoke.
- Age is not a particularly interesting subject. Anyone can get old. All you have to do is live long enough.
- All people are born alike - except Republicans and Democrats.
- Anybody who doesn't like this book is healthy.
- Anyone who says he can see through women is missing a lot.
- Behind every successful man is a woman… Behind her is his wife.
- Bloods’ not thicker than money.
- Budget: a way of going broke methodically.
- But what makes wage slaves? Wages!
- Dig trenches? With our men being killed off like flies? There isn't time to dig trenches. We'll have to buy them ready made.
- Do you think I could buy back my introduction to you?
- Don’t look now but I think there’s one too many is this room right now, and I think it’s you.
- Don’t point that beard at me – it might go off.
- Either this man is dead or my watch has stopped. (taking someone’s pulse)
- Ever since they found out that Lassie was a boy, the public has believed the worst about Hollywood.
- From the moment I picked up your book until I laid it down, I was convulsed with laughter. Some day I intend reading it.+
- Go, and never darken my towels again.
- He may look like an idiot and talk like an idiot but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot.
- Heifer cow is better than none, but this is no time for puns.
- He's so full of alcohol, if you put a lighted wick in his mouth he'd burn for three days.
- Hello, I must be going.
- Here’s to our wives and girlfriends – may they never meet!
- How do you feel about women’s rights? I like either side of them.
- How would you like to feel the way she looks?
- Humor is reason gone mad.
- I can see you in the kitchen bending over a hot stove, and I can't see the stove.
- I can’t understand why you don’t get any mail from me. Perhaps it’s because I haven’t been writing.
- I chased a girl for two years only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: We were both crazy about girls.
- I could dance with you till the cows come home… on second thought, I’ll dance with the cows till you come home.
- I didn't like the play, but then I saw it under adverse conditions - the curtain was up.
- I don't care to belong to a club that accepts people like me as members.
- I don’t have a photograph, but you can have my footprints. They’re upstairs in my socks.
- I drink to make other people interesting.
- I eat like a vulture. Unfortunately, the resemblance doesn't end there.
- I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.
- I have a mind to join a club and beat you over the head with it.
- I have nothing but confidence in you. And very little of that.
- I hope they bury me near a strait man.
- I made a killing on Wall Street a few years ago. I shot my broker.
- I married your mother because I wanted children. Imagine my disappointment when you came along.
- I met my wife on a ferry boat, and when we landed she gave me the slip.
- I must confess, I was born at a very early age.
- I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.
- I read in the newspapers they are going to have 30 minutes of intellectual stuff on television every Monday from 7:30 to 8. to educate America. They couldn't educate America if they started at 6:30.
- I remember the first time I had sex - I kept the receipt.
- I think you've got something there, but I'll wait outside until you clean it up.
- I was married by a judge. I should have asked for a jury.
- I wish to be cremated. One tenth of my ashes shall be given to my agent, as written in our contract.
- I wish you’d keep my hands to yourself.
- I worked my way up from nothing to a state of extreme poverty.
- I write by ear. I tried writing with the typewriter, but I found it too unwieldy.
- Ice Water? Get some Onions - that'll make your eyes water!
- If I hold you any closer I’ll be in back of you. OR If I held you any closer I would be on the other side of you.
- If you fall out of that window and break both your legs, don't come running to me.
- If you want to see a comic strip, you should see me in the shower.
- In America you can go on the air and kid the politicians, and the politicians can go on the air and kid the people.
- It is better to have loft and lost than to never have loft at all.
- It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
- It isn't necessary to have relatives in Kansas City in order to be unhappy.
- I'd have thrashed him to within an inch of his life, but I didn't have a tape measure.
- I'll never forget my wedding day... they threw vitamin pills.
- I'll see you at the opera tonight. I'll hold your seat till you get there. After that, you're on your own.
- I'm gonna put extra blankets, free, in all your rooms, and there'll be no cover charge.
- I'm leaving because the weather is too good. I hate London when it's not raining.
- I'm not feeling very well - I need a doctor immediately. Ring the nearest golf course.
- I've been around so long I can remember Doris Day before she was a virgin.
- I've got the brain of a four year old. I'll bet he was glad to be rid of it.
- I've had a perfectly wonderful evening. But this wasn't it.
- I’ve known and respected your husband for many years, and what’s good enough for him is good enough for me.
- I've met a lot of pin-up girls, but I've never been able to pin one down.
- Jail is no place for a young fellow. There's no advancement.
- Laugh and the world laughs with you, cry, and you're probably watching the wrong channel.
- Look, if you don’t like my parties, you can leave in a huff. If that’s too soon, leave in a minute and a huff. If you can’t find that, you can leave in a taxi.
- Love flies out the door when money comes innuendo.
- Madam, you're making history, in fact, you're making me, and I wish you'd keep my hands to yourself.
- Marriage is the chief cause of divorce.
- Marriage is wonderful institution... if, of course, you like living in an institution.
- Marry me and I'll never look at another horse!
- Middle age is when you go to bed at night and hope you feel better in the morning. Old age is when you go to bed at night and hope you wake up in the morning.
- Military intelligence is a contradiction in terms.
- Military justice is to justice what military music is to music.
- Money frees you from doing things you dislike. Since I dislike doing nearly everything, money is handy.
- My brother thinks he's a chicken - we don't talk him out of it because we need the eggs.
- My favourite poem is the one that starts 'Thirty days hath September' because it actually tells you something.
- My mother loved children - she would have given anything if I had been one.
- Next time I see you, remind me not to talk to you.
- No one is completely unhappy at the failure of his best friend.
- Now there's a man with an open mind - you can feel the breeze from here.
- Oh are you from Wales? Do you know a fella named Jonah? He used to live in whales for a while.
- Oh, why can't we break away from all this, just you and I, and lodge with my fleas in the hills? I mean flee to my lodge in the hills.
- One morning I shot an elephant in my pyjamas. How he got into my pyjamas I'll never know.
- Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.
- Paying alimony is like feeding hay to a dead horse.
- Politics doesn't make strange bedfellows - marriage does.
- Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.
- Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted.
- Remember, we're fighting for this woman's honor, which is probably far more than she's ever done!
- Room service? Send up a larger room.
- Send two dozen roses to Room 424 and put 'Emily, I love you' on the back of the bill.
- She got her good looks from her father. He's a plastic surgeon.
- She's afraid that if she leaves, she'll become the live of the party.
- She's so in love with me, she doesn't know anything. That's why she's in love with me.
- Sir, are you trying to offer me a bribe? How much?
- Take two turkeys, one goose, four cabbages, but no duck, and mix them together. After one taste, you'll duck soup for the rest of your life.
- The husband who wants a happy marriage should learn to keep his mouth shut and his checkbook open.
- The only game I like to play is 'Old Maid', providing she's not too old.
- The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.
- There is no sweeter sound than the crumbling of one's fellow man.
- There's one thing I want to do before I quit... Retire.
- There's one way to find out if a man is honest - ask him. If he says, "Yes," you know he is a crook.
- Thirteen at a table is unlucky only when the hostess has only twelve chops.
- Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.
- Three years ago I came to Florida without a nickel in my pocket. Now I've got a nickel in my pocket.
- Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana. So just what ARE time flies, and why do they fly like an ARROW?
- Time wounds all heels.
- We took pictures of the native girls, but they weren't developed… But we're going back next week.
- Whatever it is I'm against it.
- When discovered by his wife, kissing the maid, Groucho said "I was just whispering in her mouth".
- When I invite a woman to dinner I expect her to look at my face. That's the price she has to pay.
- Who are you going to believe, me or your own eyes?
- Whoever named it necking was a poor judge of anatomy.
- Why don't you bore a hole into your head and let the sap run out?
- Why, I'd horse-whip you if I had a horse.
- Why should I care about posterity? What's posterity ever done for me?
- Why was I with her? She reminds me of you. In fact, she reminds me more of you than you do!
- Will you marry me? Do you have any money? Answer the second question first.
- With a little study you'll go a long ways, and I wish you'd start now.
- Wives are people who feel they don't dance enough.
- Women should be obscene and not heard.
- Yes, darling, let me cover your face with kisses… On second thought, just let me cover your face.
- You are going Uruguay, and I'm going my way.
- You call this a party? The beer is warm, the women cold and I'm hot under the collar.
- You get a canoe later and I'll paddle you.
- You have to get up early if you want to get out of bed.
- You haven't stopped talking since we got here! You must have been vaccinated with a phonograph needle!
- You know, I could rent you out as a decoy for duck hunters?
- You're a woman who's been getting nothing but dirty breaks. Well, we can clean and tighten your brakes, but you'll have to stay in the garage all night.
- You're heading for a breakdown. Why don't you pull yourself to pieces.
- You're the most beautiful woman I've ever seen, and that's not saying much for you.
- You've forgotten those June nights at the Riviera... the night I drank champagne from your slipper - two quarts. It would had been more but you were wearing inner soles.
- You've got the brain of a four-year-old boy, and I'll bet he was glad to get rid of it.
- "Do you believe in computer dating?" Groucho: "Only if the computers really love each other."
- Housewife: “I have seven children.” Groucho: "Seven? That many?" Housewife: "Well, I love my husband." Groucho: "I love my cigar, too, but I take it out once in a while."
- “This is a gala day for you.” Groucho: “Well, a gal a day is enough for me. I don’t think I could handle any more.”
- Groucho: “Well whadaya say girls? Are we all gonna get married? Woman: “All of us? But that’s bigamy!”
Groucho: “Yes, and it’s big-a-me too.”
- "My one regret in life is that I am not someone else."
- "I don't want to achieve immortality through my work... I want to achieve it through not dying."
- "Is sex dirty? Only if it's done right."
- "Don't knock masturbation, it's sex with someone I love."
- " Sex without love is an empty experience, but as empty experiences go, it's one of the best."
- "I asked the girl if she could bring a sister for me. She did. Sister Maria Teresa. It was a very slow evening. We discussed the New Testament. We agreed that He was very well adjusted for an only child."
- "I was thrown out of college for cheating on the metaphysics exam: I looked into the soul of another boy."
- "Basically my wife was immature. I'd be in my bath and she'd come in and sink my boats."
- "There are two types of people in this world: good and bad. The good sleep better, but the bad seem to enjoy the waking hours much more."
- "Sex between 2 people is a beautiful thing. Between 5, it's fantastic."
- "My brain - it's my second favorite organ."
- "I'm such a good lover because I practise a lot on my own."
- "On bisexuality: It immediately doubles your chances for a date on Saturday night."
- "I have bad reflexes. I was once run over by a car being pushed by two guys.
- " The last time I was inside a woman was when I went to the Statue of Liberty."
- "And Love? Well, it's not that quantity of your sexual relations that matters, but the quality. Then again, if the quantity ever drops below once in eight months, I'd definitely take a look into it."
- "I have an intense desire to return to the womb. Anybody's.
- "If there is reincarnation, I'd like to come back as Warren Beatty's fingertips."
- "Why does man kill? He kills for food. And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage."
- "Those hot pants of hers were so damned tight, I could hardly breathe."
- "Just because nobody complains doesn't mean all parachutes are perfect."
- "Have you noticed that all the people in favour of birth control are already born?"
- "Why would I make one woman so miserable when I can make so many women very happy?"
- "That's what show business is. Sincere insincerity."
- "Roses are reddish/ Violets are bluish/ If it weren't for Christmas/ We'd all be Jewish.
ESTORIL Y MUNICH, 1 (ANSA) - El tenis argentino confirmó su poderío en superficies lentas con las victorias hoy de Gastón Gaudio en Estoril y de David Nalbandián en Munich, respectivamente.
Gaudio, quinto del mundo, venció al español Tommy Robredo (15) 6/1, 2/6 6/1 y sumó su sexto título de la ATP, pues ya había ganado en Barcelona y Mallorca 2002, Roland Garros 2004 y en está temporada Viña del Mar (Chile) y Buenos Aires.
Nalbandian, por su parte, venció en Munich (323.000 euros) al rumano Andrei Pavel 6-4, 6-1 y logró su primer título desde 2002, año en que había conquistado los torneos de Estoril y Basilea, los únicos de su palmarés.