Sunday, March 06, 2005

New songs

I'm changing the songs, replacing old ones with new. There was nothing wrong with the ones I intended to record. Quite the contrary, some of them were my best songs and there's no point in making an album with your twelve best songs if only a couple of singles will be released (hoping the best). So I took two or three songs away and added two or three more.

The reason that I took one of them away was because it was supposed for a guy to sing, and had no way to make it work sung by a girl (without make her sound like a slut, that's it).

Titles of my new songs:

  • "Minimoog"
  • "Your Granny's House"
  • "I Am A Freak"
A "Minimoog" is an old analog synthesizer, maybe the best known one, a classic, similar to the VW bug in cars. And the story of the song is somehow ironic. It's about a young girl who falls in love with a guy that visits her and her family. Everyone asumes that his visits are because he's interested in the girl but in fact he only cares about her brother's Minimoog. He even brings an Akai sampler while pretending to be there visiting the girl.

No comments: