Sunday, April 17, 2005

I was interviewed for cable TV at the FAV (Festival Argentino del Videoclip)

Some friends of mine organized the 2nd Argentinean Festival of video clips and I went, it was a 2 nights event.

The second night there were some journalists. I started talking with a girl who had a microphone and was covering the event for a cable program (it's the program for a fashionable jeans brand, so they cover the night, arts etc). I told them that I was a pop musician, that I was about to release an album and that I wanted to keep them informed in case covered that kind of things, she said they did.

She seemed to have seen me interesting enough to ask me some questions in camara. As you must know it's not easy to talk in these conditions. It was crowded, everyone looking at us, the music was loud and the camara had a very powerful light that blinded us. I asked her to tell me what she was going to ask me so I could think about the answers, she gave me one minute.

She asked me what did I think about the festival (very important thing), if I had any video being airplayed in the festival (no, I said, I had one last year but not going for the prize to avoid suspicacies because I was a good friend of the organizers) and what did I think about the videos (most of them sucked and were amateurish, but i just said "it amazes me to see what people who have no budget can do with only a small camara and a good idea". Take it as you want).

Did I have any favorite? Yes, a song in English, because I write songs in English, I explained to her.

The girl said "you were brilliant, good we asked you to talk". The funny thing is that there were people more important than me there, and I don't even know if the winners of the festival were asked to talk... But I had the cool pop star look... Maybe... I don't know...

That night I ended at the VIP sector drinking for free. OK, my friends organized the thing, but everyone assumed I was someone important...

No comments: