Wednesday, October 27, 2004

I'm listening to The Doors playing live from BA

At this very moment I'm listening at The Doors playing live from Buenos Aires. And I mean live now, not a recording of a live concert (the original Doors never toured South America). I mean, these are something called The Doors of the 21st Century, and the band members are (original Doors) keyboardist Ray Manzarek, (original Doors) guitar player Robbie Krieger and (The Cult) singer Ian Asbury.

The show is very good. They really sound like the original Doors which may mean that Manzarek & Krieger were the responsibles for that sound. Asbury really sounds like Morrison, so I don't know if that's because Morrison style was easy to fake or because Asbury spent lots of time trying to copy Morrison . The live arrangements of the songs are practically the same as the 60's ones, with some long solos and so on. Well, I guess that it has to be with the fact that nostalgia is a big part of the attractive of the band.

Couriously I'm one of the few people in this country who owns a copy of the LP "The Whole Thing Started With Rock And Roll Now It's Out Of Control" de Ray Manzarek. It wasn't released in South America at that time and as far as I know it was never re issued on CD. I have to play that album for a singer I know, crazy about the Doors. He's probably at the show now. I dind't go because Manzarek's record kind of sucks. (Joke)

No comments: