Friday, October 22, 2004

Cover version of ELO's Don't Bring Me Down

I'm programming a cover version of "Don't Bring Me Down" by Electric Light Orchestra. I love that song. Many people think it's a Beatles song but it's an ELO one.

Curiously enough, that's ELO's biggest hit worldwhile, but it was a minor hit in Argentina (where I live). The biggest ELO hit here is "Last Train To London", which wasn't even a single outside here. Oh, and people assume "Last Train To London" it's a Bee Gees song.

(I would hate to write such great songs only to have ordinary people thinking that they were someone else's songs... OK, maybe Jeff Lynne has a couple of dozens of millons of dollars to help him forget that injustice. Or maybe he doesn't care. Hey, if my cover sells big people will maybe assume it's MY song).

No comments: