Saturday, December 29, 2007

Osho: about journalism

"That’s why people go on reading the newspapers.

Newspapers help you very much. Early in the morning, before you have even taken your tea. you are ready for the newspaper. And the newspaper brings nothing like news, because there is nothing new. It is the same old rotten thing.

But you feel good: somewhere, somebody has been murdered, somewhere there has been a Watergate, and somewhere something else, and somewhere somebody has stolen, and somebody’s wife has escaped with somebody else... and so on and so forth.

Watching all that, you relax; you feel, 'So, I am not so bad – the whole world is going to the dogs. I am a far better person. I have not yet escaped with the wife of the neighbor. I have not killed anybody yet – although I think of it, but thinking is not a crime where people are actually doing things.'

You feel good. And the moment you feel good, you remain the same"

(Osho, The Tantra Vision Vol 1).

No comments: